I found these brilliant little cupcake measuring cups in London a couple of weeks ago (I can finally make some of the American recipes I have now without having to faff about with converting everything to weight measurements first) and I have been just itching to use them ever since.
I finally got a chance to make these little pink cupcakes and they were scrummy. It was also my first attempt at icing with a piping bag...not as easy as it looks! The first one I tried was an absolute disgrace, but they got steadily less awful so that by the time I got to the last couple of cakes the icing was almost passable.
I suppose that means I will just have to keep making cakes to ice until I get them perfect...what a hardship.